WHAT ABOUT BEING STUNG?
(Yes this can be quite painful - but usually brief)
For most people, the stings are not life threatening and can be painful for a few seconds to hours and itchy for a few days. However, a few unlucky people suffer severe allergic reactions to bee stings and on rare occasions these can be severe enough to require medical treatment. For beginners, we would recommend that they wear protective clothing when inspecting active beehives.
Please note that the person in the picture is being deliberately stung in a bee-venom therapy session being carried out in Japan! Please don't try this at home!
For further information about bee stings please read the article by RN: Nola McGann, on our Weekly Chatter page.
St Peters Anglican Church Hall,
Cnr McCartin & Bruce Sts